Hussar Jacket, Midnight, Cotton Velvet
This season is inspired by 18th Century trade and migration, I imagined a trunk full of precious print and embroidery that had been carried by galleons across great Oceans. A cross pollination of craft and ideas.
If I was on that galleon I would definitely hanker after the naval and military jackets worn by the gents on board. What's more classic than a little menswear piece mixed with something feminine? I never tire of these jackets in my wardrobe. I designed these to be forever pieces. Collectible and envied.
This gold thread embroidery called Zari or Zardosi is common in my home town of Jaipur, India. Worn for grand events it was one of the great crafts nurtured by the Maharajas of old. I love it in military style. Exquisite gold and beaded birds and butterflies adorn the back of this heirloom jacket.
Hook and eye closure at front. Softly tailored.
100% Cotton Velvet. Gentle dry clean.
Designed and hand embroidered by our team of artisans in Jaipur India.
Sizing (US) XS 0 - 2 S 2 - 4 M 4 - 6 L 8 - 10
Our model is 5 feet 10 inches tall and wearing size Small.
Returns and Shipping
- All merchandise returned must be unworn, unwashed, with price tags intact.
- Returns must be shipped via UPS or Fedex with tracking number.
- Exchanges/Returns must be received within 10 days of the original ship date.
- Returns will be credited to the original credit card account used for purchase
- Sale merchandise is Final Sale. No exchanges or returns will be...Read more