Sustainability is a founding principle of Banjanan. India has seen some of the worst pollution experienced globally – we see it right outside our window in Jaipur every day.
We continue to research and improve every aspect of our supply chain and behavior to make a positive impact and reduce waste, carbon footprint and pollution. This is ongoing.
- We only use GOTS certified organic cotton voile.
Whilst this fabric is more expensive, Banjanan has absorbed much of this cost by taking zero profit margin on the fabric price increase. Sometimes doing the right thing has a small cost and we must all be prepared to shoulder it - both as a business and a customer.
- We have replaced regular viscose with EcoVero, eco responsible viscose
- We continue our mission to have zero waste in fabric and garment production through close inventory control and repurposing and upcycling leftover fabric into new seasons, special projects and donations.
- We use AZO free printing inks.
- Water stewardship. An Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) has been installed at our print facility. This recycles and treats water used for dying and printing back into the water supply to be safe for agricultural and human use.
- We use Indian cotton and produce locally, reducing the need for raw materials to be shipped across the world.
- Our printed fabric and embroidery is artisan made, employing local artisans and supporting traditional, age-old techniques
- We have full visibility to our factories, which are small and family/ independently run by locals.
Packaging and Shipping
-We ship from our factory using BDP® packaging. This is an organic biodegradation-enhancing ingredient that is added into plastic during manufacturing, and enhances the biodegradation of plastics in oceans, under soil, in landfills, anaerobic compost
- We use recycled hangers for all shipments that require them.- We carbon offset all our UPS shipments to e-commerce customers.